Welcome to Genuine Hosting Reviews
Joomla is a popular CMS that can easily compete with WordPress. If you use top Joomla Hosting Services for your blog or website, you will find that Joomla is a good alternative open-source platform. However, not all providers are efficient in offering appropriate Joomla-based services.
The best Joomla Hosting Packages offer easy or automatic Joomla installation, servers optimized for Joomla deployment, and generous bandwidth and disk space allowances. Almost all Managed Joomla Hosting plans and a few premium plans offer world-class customer support.
In this article, we have discussed the functions, features, benefits, pros, and cons of Joomla-based web hosting along with the list and reviews of the best Joomla Hosting plans and hosting providers. If you go through this article carefully, you will be able to choose the best Joomla Web Hosting package to meet your requirements.
What is Joomla?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open-source solution that is freely available to everyone.
Best Joomla Hosting
HostPapa is a personally maintained website hosting company situated in Niagara Falls in Toronto Canada in New York. It is an especially reliable web hosting company that aim to provide continues web service so that their clients can count on them. Clients are valued by the company above all else, and employees of the company go out of their way to serve their clients in each thinkable way. Its motto is “Let papa take care of you” for a reason, because the company tries to treat every single client like a family member. The company’s goal is to offers each client with a fully-featured hosting package, sponsored by top client’s service and powered by green energy. The company is a privately owned and established company and a leader in low-cost hosting and high-value. The company has experienced significant growth. They have always believed in treating every customer as part of the family.
Starting Price $1.95/mo
- Unlimited disk space and email
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Free site building tools and tons of website templates
- Free domain registration
- Free one-on-one session with a Papa Squad Expert
- 24/7 multilingual support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
SiteGround has been in existence for nearly 10 years now, and has become largely accepted and known in the industry for pushing the technological borders that make them one among the fastest, most secure and reliable web hosting providers. Their entire web hosting plans is carefully customized. For that reason you will find that the company is our top hosting provider. In fact, they have great features, performance and technical ability. At the last count in 2012 it had well more than a quarter of a million clients, and has now been suggested on the Google blog for their affect of latest hosting technologies. The company is a fast growing web host and they will become more largely well known in the public eye in the next couple of years. They have top of the standard features such as 24/7 technical support, free domain names, 99.9% uptime and many more. They also add their own custom-made solutions to make your website safer, faster and better working than anywhere else.
Starting Price $3.95/mo
- 1-Click Joomla Installation
- Free Domain Name For Life With Your Account
- Free Template & Installation From Our Support
- Transfer Existing Account For Free
- Performed By Our Joomla Experts
- No Downtime For Your Website
Arvixe is established in San Luis Obispo, CA. The company is a privately maintained corporation constructed on a base of solid ground work and planned development. Since 2003, the company has been hosting many of small, personal business and websites on a global level. Since establishment, the company has got many awards from industry authorities like HostReview and the Inc Magazine for being one among the fastest developing hosting companies in the world. The company is a web hosting provider well known for its extensive-ranging hosting packages, correct uptime record and useful support options. The service offers all the basic web hosting options, plus easy-to-use site tools and domain capacity. Overall, the company is a great hosting provider but it is lacking a few handy, but nonessential options. Its hosting packages are versatile, comprehensive and ideal for businesses of all kind. The service provides ASP.NET and Linux hosting on Windows servers for VPS hosting, small businesses and managed servers for company in need of a larger web hosting.
Starting Price $4.00/mo
- Exclusive Joomla Optimized Environment
- Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
- 24/7 Live Chat & Phone Support
- 100% Risk Free for 60 Days
iPage the brand has been established for more than a decade. In 2009, the company was restructured and relaunched by a group of international companies and large. Amazing hosting with best performance you should try this hosting. Among the many important features iPage promotes, their commitment to security may be among the most important. Subscribers to the iPage.com hosting package receive an exclusive free security suite, to ensure customers and their clients can have full trust in the reliability and stability of every hosted website or e-business. Add in the unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space, unlimited MySQL databases and the long list of other iPage web hosting features.
Starting Price $2.25/mo
- Unlimited Disk Space & Email Addresses information
- FREE Domain Registration
- FREE Security Suite Security Suite
- FREE Site-Building Tools
- FREE Online Store
- FREE Search Engine & Marketing Credits
- GREEN! Powered by 100% wind energy
InMotion hosting has been offering businesses with web hosting from their offices in Los Angeles, Virginia Beach, CA and VA. They do not outsource tech support – all support is done from their Virgina Beach office. They are the only host in this type of price to give you the option of hosting from two geographically various data centers – one in downtown L.A. and the other is Washington, DC. They have the option to choose a datacenter close to you can save you a lot of time if your business heavily depends on interacting with your website back office in the day. Their web hosting network is established on the reliable and fast UNIX and Linux operating systems. It is examined 24/7 for any uncommon activity and benchmarked continuously for performance. This allows them to quick respond to short-term issues also to develop their system optimally – keeping it broadband economical, ready and fully useless at all times.
Starting Price $4.89/mo
- FREE SSD Drives
- FREE Domain!
- 90-Day Guarantee
- FREE Data Backups
- FREE Tutorials
- Preinstalled & Ready
- suPHP Security
- Google Apps Integration
- SSH Access
- Max Speed Zone
JustHost is one among the most affordable web hosting services, providing comprehensive hosting packages at monthly prices. The service offers several of the basic hosting parts we looked for without restrictions. For example, Just Host offers domains and bandwidth, unlimited disk space, meaning you can register many domains you want and your websites won’t have any data transfer or space limitations. The service is later a good option if you plan to start many websites or want a site that can extend with the expected growth of your business. The hosting packages also offer one free domain name, or if you have a site, free domain transfer.
Starting Price $3.95/mo
- FREE Domain Included
- FREE Site Builders
- FREE Instant Setup
- UNLIMITED Email Accounts
- FREE 24/7 Phone Support
- UNLIMITED File Transfer
A2Hosting is a good web hosting provider concentrating on super fast web hosting solutions and rich-featured to all types of customers from personal bloggers to companies. The company is founded in 2001. It has a series of products, containing reseller hosting, shared web hosting, managed VPS hosting, dedicated server hosting and VPS hosting. It is experienced and able to provide high quality web hosting service at a cheapest rate. The company provides VPS hosting, shared hosting, dedicated server and reseller hosting on Linux platform. They are one among the few web hosts who make their hosting solution on LinuxCloud platform with free CloudFlare CDN that make their products more faster and reliable than the others. The features are very developer friendly and contain all the most stable latest hosting technologies. They guarantee 99.9% uptime and 30 days money back period.
Starting Price $3.92/mo
- 99.99% Uptime Guarantee
- FutureServe Green Hosting
- Risk Free Money Back Guarantee
- SSD Hosting
- SwiftServers Fast Hosting
- Perpetual Security
- A2 Quick Installer
- 30-Day Hassle Free Money Back Guarantee
- FutureServe Green Hosting
- 591 Third Party Verified Reviews
- BBB Accredited Business
- Ultra-Reliable Hosting
Bluehost was established by Matt Heaton with having one goal in mind to make a best hosting company. It was constructed on open source technology; they have since developed to become one among the world’s biggest providers of cloud-based online solutions. It is operating under the Wasatch Mountains in Utah and over 700 of us are pushing borders to deliver the internet to more and more people. Bluehost web hosting review pages all highlight the company’s award-winning support. BlueHost consistently ranks high among customers and independent review sites. Most Bluehost hosting reviews make special mention of the Bluehost customer support team, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by live chat, email, and toll-free phone to provide award-winning support.
Starting Price $4.95/mo
- Unlimited domain hosting
- Unlimited hosting space
- Unlimited file transfer
- Unlimited email accounts
- Free domain name
- Free site builder w/ templates
- Free instant set-up
FatCow is the hosting service provider of choice by several individuals and small businesses. They started operating in 1998; the company has worked hard to cultivate a more client-friendly image and has gone by a great deal to make their hosting plan fit their customers’ needs as perfectly as possible. At FatCow, a dedicated server means more than maximum speed and security. It means all the resources you need to drive your business to the next level plus the help of an expert support team.
Starting Price $3.15/mo
- FREE domain name
- Oodles of storage & bandwidth
- A hoof-click away from a blog
- A bullpen full of site templates
- Unlimited mailboxes
- Powered by 100% Wind Energy
GreenGeeks management team has more than 40 years of experience in providing affordable web site hosting, high quality. Your account will use only the best of server hardware, the most up to date software programs available on the internet and the most reliable network providers. The company also provides unexpected customer service, Eco friendly green energy hosting, dynamic account administration tools, highest quality servers and bandwidths, Web site design services, 24x7x365 quality support and complete video tutorials and FAQ’s. Their sales and service technicians are here to help you and are known as some the brightest, most dedicated and the friendliest staff in the web hosting service.
Starting Price $3.96/mo
- Unlimited Web Space & Data Transfer
- FREE 1-Click Joomla Install
- FREE Joomla Migration
- FREE Domain Name Registration or Transfer
- Joomla Optimized Servers
- FREE Blazing Fast SSD RAID-10 Storage
- FREE Enhanced Security
- 24/7/365 US-Based Support
- 99.99% Service Uptime
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Server requirement for Joomla
As there are two popular versions of Joomla, in this section, we have discussed each version’s server requirement for Joomla. If you don’t meet these technical requirements properly, you will not be able to experience all of the essential benefits and features of Joomla web hosting.
Joomla 2.5 System and Server Requirements
- PHP 5.2.4+ (5.4+ recommended).
- MySQL: 5.0.4+
- Apache: 2.x+
- Microsoft: IIS 7
- Nginx: 1.0 (1.1 or above recommended).
Joomla 3 System and Server Requirements
- PHP (Magic Quotes GPC off): 5.3.1+ (5.4+ recommended).
- MySQL(InnoDB support required): 5.1+
- MSSQL 10.50.1600.1+
- PostgreSQL 8.3.18+
- Apache 2.x+
- Microsoft IIS 7
- Nginx 1.0 (1.1 or above recommended).
Browser Requirements for all versions
- Firefox 4+
- IE (Internet Explorer) 8+
- Google Chrome 10+
- Opera 10+
- Safari 5+
Required Development Environment for all versions
During the development process, Localhost is preferred. You can use the following servers on your PC to develop your site.
- Wamp server.
- XAMPP for Windows.
- LAMP bundle.
- XAMPP for Linux.
- MAMP and MAMP Pro.
- XAMPP for Mac OS.
Basics of Joomla Web Hosting
Joomla is a popular CMS or Content Management System that is used to create websites of all shapes and designs. In the year 2015, Joomla launched its new service through its platform Joomla.com so that users can create freely hosted Joomla websites. Thus, as a user, you can experience the features and benefits of Managed Joomla Hosting.
Now, if you are looking for unmanaged or self-controlled Joomla Web Hosting, you will need to find a suitable web host. Almost all hosting providers in India and abroad offer web hosting services for Joomla platforms, but it is not an easy task to find the best Joomla Hosting for high traffic websites and small and medium traffic websites. Thus, in this article, we have created a list of the best Joomla Hosting Providers, and it includes their most cost-effective plans, reviews, features, pros, and cons. You can explore this list to choose the Joomla Web Hosting plans to meet your requirements.
Features, benefits, and drawbacks of Joomla Web Hosting
Before buying a Joomla Web Hosting package, you should gather knowledge about the features, benefits, and drawbacks of this hosting. This knowledge will help you to acquire the cost-effective benefits of your web hosting optimized for Joomla.
Features and benefits of Joomla Web Hosting are listed below.
- Basic plans offer hosting for 1-2 websites, whereas expensive plans offer hosting services for an unlimited number of websites.
- It can offer unlimited bandwidth.
- You can experience your web hosting optimized for Joomla with around four times more speed.
- Periodical backups and restorations.
- 1-click install.
- SSL certificates and SSH access.
- Highly scalable and easily upgradable.
- Easy web migration.
- Advanced cPanel and related plugins.
- Automatic updates.
Drawbacks of Joomla Web Hosting are listed below.
- Even in a free Managed Joomla hosting, some features are not available free of cost.
- While using Joomla, you will find that media management is an aspect that needs much improvement. There are only a few capabilities in the media manager which you may use. You might not be able to edit pictures, resize, and crop or move the images in the case of Joomla Media Manager. You will find that other leading CMS websites help you with extensive website media management.
- Though the best and fastest Joomla Hosting updates itself frequently, some plugins may not get updated simultaneously. If your website performs a lot of functions and contains large content, this issue may create various problems. Generally, you face this problem if you have membership systems and forums on your website.
- If you are an advanced developer or a Joomla Expert, you will find that there is a limited number of customization options. You may face issues while designing in the Joomla Script. It is unable to offer you the premium customization effects which you can easily get in Drupal. But, surely, you can get a lot more than what WordPress offers you. As an intermediate CMS system, it is obvious that Joomla cannot deliver essential technical customization options.
How to host Joomla?
Before creating a website with Joomla, you must fulfill all of the requirements to create an appropriate hosting environment. After that, the data of the web project must be stored.
In the very next step, consider whether you want to host the CMS and your website on your server or a hosting provider’s server. Then you should think of your website’s address and register your desired domain.
Installation and setup of web server and database
To initiate Joomla Web Hosting, now, start installing the software components required to operate the content management system.
Firstly, you need a web server that supports PHP (must also be installed on the server) and can be controlled via FTP. The Apache web server is recommended for this.
Now, you need the database management system in which Joomla will store your website’s information. As MySQL is an excellent solution, you should download the Oracle application installation files.
Download and install the latest version of the Joomla
To make your Joomla Web Hosting safe, you must download the installation package only from the official website of the application – downloads.joomla.org. If you download the package from any other website, you may get malicious codes in the downloaded files.
Once you click on the Download button for the latest Joomla! version, the installation package will be saved to your hard disk. Locate the installation package (should be named Joomla_X.X.X-Stable-Full_Package.zip or similar) that you’ve just downloaded. Extract it to a new folder.
If you have finished uploading the installation files, open your browser and navigate to your main domain (i.e. http://mydomain.com), or the appropriate subdomain (i.e http://mydomain.com/joomla), depending on where you have uploaded the Joomla! Installation Package. Once you complete this process, you will reach the first screen of the Joomla Web Installer.
Now, the next steps are listed below.
- Add the necessary information about your site and your administrative username.
- Enter the name of your site. Most templates will use this for the first heading of your index.
- Add a brief description of your website. It depends on your template and the location of the display of the text.
- Enter a valid email address. It will get used for password recovery and system messages.
- Now create an administrative username. Please select a unique username, rather than “admin” or “administrator” since those are often subject to hacker attacks.
- Add a strong password.
- Select whether your site should go offline after you complete the installation.
Now, press “Next” to continue the installation process.
Now, a screen will appear, and here, you have to enter the necessary information for your MySQL database. You have to fill up the following fields located on this screen.
Database Type: By default, this value is set to MySQLi. Leave it that way as MySQLi is an optimized version of the regular MySQL database.
Host Name: Keep the default localhost value.
Username: Enter the username for your MySQL database.
Password: Enter the password for the username of your database.
Database Name: Enter the name of the MySQL database you like to use.
Table Prefix: Add Joomla! Prefix to all of its database tables. If you are handling the best Joomla Hosting for small and medium websites, this prefix will be useful to host multiple Joomla sites on a single database. You must keep the default value.
Old Database method: If you have any existing databases, choose what to do with the existing tables that are required by the installer. The options are to remove or backup any existing data that’s about to be replaced. It is recommended to leave this option set “Backup” as it is the safest move.
Now, after pressing the “Next” button, you will be forwarded to the last page of the installation process. If you want any sample data installed on your server, you can specify it on this page. It is recommended to choose the Default Sample data option since it will serve as a backbone that you can use to build your actual website. Note that you can delete all sample articles and menus at any time.
Best Joomla Hosting providers offer notes or manuals mentioning the steps that you should follow to complete the installation process. Thus, a few such providers may offer an option to perform pre-installation checks.
Finally, press the Install button to start installing the actual Joomla. In a few minutes, you will be redirected to the last screen of the Joomla! Web Installer.
On the last screen of the installation process, you need to press the “Remove installation” folder”. This is required for security reasons, so no one can reinstall your existing site later on. Note that Joomla! won’t let you use your site unless you remove this folder completely.
Now, you have got your fully-functional Joomla Website. You can add your web content now to this site.
Now, as we are discussing how to host Joomla, in the below-mentioned section, you can find the steps required to transfer Joomla from Localhost to the server.
The process to transfer Joomla from Localhost to the server
First, you need to develop and test your Joomla Website on a local server. After that, you have to choose and buy a package offering top Joomla Hosting Services so that you can upload your website to the server of your provider. At the same time, you will be able to update the configuration to get your website live in the virtual world. Keep in mind that the steps we are going to mention can also help to move the Joomla site to a new server if you want to switch to a better hosting service.
Both Unmanaged and Managed Joomla Hosting users follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Copy the files from the root folder of the localhost to the server using FTP or File Manager.
- Export the Joomla database from the localhost phpMyAdmin.
- Import the Joomla database to the phpMyAdmin on the server.
- Update the configuration.php to make sure you have the correct details.
- Now, you can test and make your website live.
Apart from uploading Joomla to your web server from localhost or your computer, these steps are followed to perform a transfer from one Joomla server to another. The difference is that you will be doing this via the CPanel of your Joomla hosting.
Upload Joomla files to your Joomla Server
The first thing you need to do is transfer the files to the webserver where your live site will be hosted. To to do this, you will need either:
- FTP (FTP is a way of allowing easy transfer of files across the web) access to your web server,
- Or else upload a zip file of all the files directly.
Keep in mind if your Joomla Web Hosting company has already installed Joomla for you, do not overwrite the configuration.php files. This contains very important details regarding your Joomla hosting company. You should keep a backup copy of this file. All other files can be overwritten, such that you have all the configuration you have done on the local installation.
Transferring by using FTP
FTP access typically consists of:
- FTP Address – typically this is something similar to ftp.yourdomain.com
- FTP Login details – username/password to access the FTP area.
If you apply for a hosting account while using a Joomla Web Hosting provider, this FTP information will be provided to you. To access the FTP area you will need an FTP client. A free and easy to use FTP client is FileZilla.
Download and install this client and then enter the information into your FTP area.
After completing the connection to your Joomla Server, upload all the files to the host. This is done by selecting all the Joomla files from your local hard drive and dragging them to the window which is connected to the host. This will start the transfer of all your Joomla files to your hard disk.
Transferring by using File Manager
Some best Joomla Hosting Providers offer cPanels or File Managers with hosting accounts. Under these circumstances, you can transfer very fast by following the below-mentioned steps.
- ZIP or archive the root folder of Joomla on the localhost.
- Upload the file directly to the root folder of the hosting account.
- Uncompress the zipped file so that you get a copy of the files on the Joomla server.
Different types of Joomla Web Hosting
In this section, we have discussed features, functions, advantages, disadvantages, reviews and best Joomla Hosting plans and providers of each type of Joomla Web Hosting. This discussion will help you select the best Joomla-based web hosting package that can perfectly meet your requirements.
Managed Joomla Hosting and its various aspects
Joomla, one of the world’s most reputed Content Management Systems (CMS) and an organization, launched a website in 2015. This website is Joomla.com, and after accessing it, users can create freely hosted Joomla websites. You can experience a fully Managed Joomla Hosting in this manner.
Its features and benefits are listed below.
- Joomla.com service provides all the basic standard publishing features of Joomla! CMS but has limited expandability. It includes a nice set of pre-selected templates and several useful pre-installed extensions like Google analytics, Google Maps Integration, Disqus powered comments, and social media sharing options.
- Free hosting.
- Free site name at the joomla.com subdomain (ex: mywebsite.joomla.com).
- It comes pre-installed with additional extensions, templates, and all available languages.
- Automatic updates.
- This Managed Joomla Hosting will not show any advertisement on your hosted website.
- The Joomla backend is translated into more than 50 different languages making Joomla.com a great opportunity for people all around the world to start their online presence easily and freely.
- You can easily upgrade to a fully hosted service with a custom domain.
- The users of Joomla.com can join many existing communities to gather more knowledge about managed web hosting optimized for Joomla.
- Joomla.com server infrastructure is built and get supported by SiteGround web hosting company. The hosting partner of the project was chosen by Open Source Matters, Inc. (OSM) among several candidates through a public RFP. Joomla.com users, who at any point decide to go self-hosted, will be free to move their website to any hosting company of their choice. However, if they choose to use a paid shared hosting plan by SiteGround for such a move, a substantial part of their hosting fees will be contributed directly back to the Joomla project.
You may face some disadvantages while using the services of Joomla.com. They are listed below.
- As Joomla.com offers fully Managed Joomla Hosting, expert developers can’t add extra resources. They have to depend on already allotted resources.
- Joomla.com offers a low number of customization options. Due to this limitation, as an expert developer, you can’t freely customize, and thus, you can’t experience the fastest Joomla Hosting.
Now, if you have created your Joomla Website from any random website builder, you need to choose a Joomla Web Hosting provider to host your website. If you use a Managed Joomla Hosting plan of such a provider, the hosting server and many other functions will be managed by that provider. Keep in mind that the best Joomla Hosting providers will offer the services of 24/7 technical support teams.
Shared Joomla Hosting and its various aspects
Joomla Shared Hosting is a hosting environment where your website shares a hosting server and its resources with other websites. When your website is hosted on a shared Joomla hosting server, it means that you are sharing the webserver with other websites hosted on that same environment.
The functions, features, and benefits of Joomla Shared Hosting are listed below.
- A Joomla Shared Hosting plan lets you share a very large server with a lot of websites. Thus, the cost of this hosting service is comparatively cheaper than other types of hosting services.
- If you upgrade to expensive premium plans, you will be provided with unlimited hosting and unlimited resources. However, not all Joomla Web Hosting providers offer unlimited plans.
- If you run multiple websites, then your Joomla Shared Hosting plan will be able to host all of them simultaneously.
Some drawbacks of Joomla Shared Hosting are-
- Even the fastest Shared Hosting on the Joomla platform is comparatively slower than other types of hosting services as you have to share a physical server with other websites.
- Along with the physical server, you have to share your resources with other users. Hence, you may face different types of security issues.
- You may face frequent downtimes due to the economical management of hosting resources.
- Joomla Shared Hosting can’t be considered as the best Joomla Hosting for high traffic websites.
Below, we have created a list of the top Joomla Web hosting providers who offer Shared Hosting Services. This list also mentions reviews, features, pros, and cons of Joomla Shared Hosting plans offered by these providers. Go through this list and choose the most appropriate hosting package to meet your requirements.
Joomla VPS Hosting and its various aspects
Joomla VPS Hosting is a hosting environment where your Joomla website is hosted on a VPS Server. In VPS hosting, like Shared Hosting, a physical server will be shared with other users, but, your part of that server will get partitioned into multiple virtual servers, and these servers will be completely owned by you.
The functions, features, and benefits of Joomla VPS Hosting are listed below.
- As you will get dedicated virtual servers, you will get more customization options than those of Shared Hosting.
- As you will get more customization options, you will get more control to perform server configuration. However, in this regard, it must be mentioned that you will get such control to configure your portion of the physical server and its partitioned virtual private servers.
- In Shared Hosting, you need to share all of your resources with other users. But, in Joomla VPS Hosting, a certain amount of resources needs not to be shared. However, in Joomla Dedicated Server Hosting, you will get the ownership of all of your resources.
- Joomla VPS Servers can easily handle sudden traffic spikes on your website. The best Joomla VPS hosting servers include burstable RAM to help prevent your server from maxing out its resources during periods of unexpected traffic.
- On a VPS server, you have your own instance of Apache, PHP, and MySQL.
- You can have your own operating system if you choose an appropriate provider.
- Using each Joomla Shared Hosting package, you can host a limited number of websites, and at the same time, you can create a limited number of databases. But, while using a Joomla VPS Hosting package, you can host an unlimited number of websites, and also, can create an unlimited number of databases.
- Some providers offer more than one control panel. If you are provided with a Web Host Manager or WHM, you can give each of your websites its own control panel, giving each of your clients the ability to control certain features of their account without making changes to anyone else’s. Providing each of your clients their own cPanels will save you time by allowing your customers to:
- Create their own email addresses and forwarders
- Review their website statistics using AWSTATS
- Generate their own website backups.
- Joomla-based VPS hosting offers more speed than that of a Shared counterpart. However, only the dedicated server plans can offer the fastest Joomla Hosting.
- VPS Hosting is cheaper than Dedicated Hosting.
Some drawbacks of Joomla VPS Hosting are-
- You will own a limited number of customization options and a limited number of resources.
- VPS hosting can’t offer the fastest Joomla Hosting, unlike dedicated hosting.
- While speaking about Joomla Hosting for high traffic websites, VPS can’t perform at an optimum level.
- Costlier than Shared Hosting.
Below, we have created a list of the top Joomla VPS Hosting providers. This list also mentions reviews, features, pros, and cons of Joomla VPS Hosting plans offered by these providers. Go through this list and choose the most appropriate hosting package to meet your requirements.
Joomla Dedicated Server Hosting and its various aspects
Joomla Dedicated Server Hosting is a hosting environment where you can host your Joomla website by owning a single physical server alone. That means, though your resources are not to be shared, you have to take the full responsibility to control an entire physical server. However, some best Joomla Hosting Providers offer technical support to manage physical servers.
The functions, features, and benefits of Joomla Dedicated Server Hosting are listed below.
- As you will own a server alone, you will get a lot of customization options.
- Due to a large number of customization options, you can single-handedly enhance the speed, security, and reliability of your hosting. Thus, you may experience the fastest Joomla Hosting solutions.
- While using a dedicated server, you can easily upgrade your existing plan. At the same time, if you purchase one of the best Joomla Hosting Plans, there are no limits on CPU, RAM or Storage utilization, MySQL Queries, and table or database size.
- Joomla Dedicated Server Hosting can easily handle sudden traffic spikes. Also, it can be considered as the best Joomla Hosting for high traffic websites, like enterprise-level websites and various portals.
Some drawbacks of Joomla Dedicated Server Hosting are-
- If you are not a tech-savvy person, you mustn’t choose dedicated server hosting. Otherwise, you have to hire a technical expert to manage your server. It will increase your hosting cost.
- Not all hosting providers offer efficient technical support teams.
- Dedicated hosting is more expensive than almost all other hosting types.
Below, we have created a list of the top Joomla Hosting Services offering Dedicated hosting solutions. This list comprises names of the top providers, best Joomla Hosting plans, reviews, features, pros, and cons. Go through this list to choose the most appropriate package to meet your hosting requirements.
Joomla Cloud Hosting and its various aspects
First, you need to know what a Cloud Server is. It is a virtual server that runs in a cloud computing environment. These servers are required to run and function as independent units. Now, Joomla Cloud Hosting is a hosting environment where your Joomla Website is hosted through optimized cloud servers. Thus, you can experience the benefits of the cloud, along with other Joomla-based advantages.
Below, we have created a list of benefits that you can achieve from the cloud.
- Your provider must offer a Cloud Control Panel or CCP.
- If you are the owner of an enterprise-level website, the cloud server will give world-class security and stability as there will be practically no hardware and software issue.
- You can add your resources faster.
- Due to the presence of cloud technology, Joomla Cloud Hosting will be faster than any other type of hosting. In terms of speed, it is no less than Joomla Dedicated Server Hosting.
You can expect some drawbacks of the cloud while using a Joomla Cloud Hosting Package. These drawbacks are listed below.
- It is more expensive than all other types of hosting services except dedicated hosting. However, Joomla-based Dedicated Hosting is the most expensive of all.
- Not all providers offer world-class cloud technology. Statistically speaking, there are very few providers who can offer all of the benefits of the cloud.
we have created a list of some top Joomla Web Hosting providers who offer Joomla Cloud Hosting packages. This list consists of the names of these providers, their best hosting plans, reviews, pros, and cons. Go through this list and choose your best Joomla Hosting Package to meet your requirements.
How to choose the best Joomla Hosting? A brief discussion
Just like any other type of hosting, you need to consider a few important factors while choosing the top Joomla Hosting Services. These factors are discussed below in detail.
If you are running an enterprise-level website or an ecommerce site, your hosting servers must have got optimized by your provider or a tech-savvy person. That’s why check the Operating System that you are going to handle. That particular Operating System must be optimum for the project you are going to undertake.
For example, for working with Joomla Web Hosting, you have to install Joomla, and your server must run on Windows and Apache. Otherwise, if you use that Server along with Linux or any other Operating System, you will face various issues, and your performance will not be optimum.
You have to check the offered features and benefits of each hosting provider and their every plan. Your chosen best Joomla Hosting package must provide all necessary features so that you can meet your requirements cost-effectively. Your hosting plan must hold the following features if you wish to get optimum performance.
- Load time and data transfer rate must be enough for your average web traffic.
- Your plan must be easily upgradable and down-gradable at the same time.
- If you are running a corporate website, your favorite best Joomla Hosting Plans must offer an unlimited Email Service.
- 24/7 world-class technical support.
- Automatic, programmable, and periodical backups. If you are running a VPS or Dedicated Hosting, you should get the option to fix your backup schedule.
- In case you are going to sell the service, you must have unlimited domain hosting for the clients and have a wide bandwidth (at least 50 GB).
- If you are running Joomla Dedicated Server Hosting, your provider must offer an open and flexible infrastructure.
- The top Joomla hosting services must offer world-class security features. If you are using dedicated hosting, you must be provided with appropriate technical assistance.
- Your chosen Joomla Hosting Plan must support all necessary programming languages.
Finally, you must carefully explore the articles that discuss features, reviews, pros, and cons of best Joomla Hosting Providers and their offered plans. In this regard, if you follow this article, you will be easily able to identify the best cost-effective plan.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs)
1.Why should I choose Joomla Web Hosting?
Ans: Joomla is a Content Management System or CMS. It offers extensive customization opportunities, advanced user management, flexibility for different content types, multilingual support, and multiple templates. If your website is organized using Joomla, you must choose a Joomla Web Hosting package to host your website.
2.Is Joomla better than WordPress?
Ans: The answer is not so simple. If you follow the discussion made on the best Joomla Hosting Comparison with the WordPress counterpart, you will find that each of them offers different sets of pros and cons. That means you need to choose any one of them considering your requirements.
3.Is Joomla expensive?
Ans: Not at all. As Joomla is an open-source Content Management System, you can use it without any charge. If you are using a template you’ve purchased, you can get a suitable hosting account for just a few dollars a month.