Welcome to Genuine Hosting Reviews
Are you looking forward to expressing your ideas in words? Be it building your business brand or a personal brand in the virtual world, blogs are an effective way to communicate with your targeted audience. Just as words are the soul of your perspective there should be a body for it to live, which is hosting in internet language. We are here to provide you a detailed idea of how you can start a successful blog, monetize it, and build your brand with top hosting for bloggers.
We here provide all basic information to all levels of learners and thereby you shall reach the best conclusion in selecting the hosting provider for your site.
Best blog hosting Provider
What is blog hosting?
Just as in the real world we have our plots and space to live in, we need to secure our
portion in the virtual world as well. To set up your presence in the form of a blog in the digital world you need both domain and hosting. Let’s make it simple by an analogy, so a domain could be considered as your home with a proper address which serves as your identity, and hosting is like the land where your home is, so hosting is as similar as a foundation or support for your blog to live in the online world.
If you want yourself to be explored in the internet world then your domain address is something that others have to search for which would be linked to a web hosting company system and would be converted to their IP address. In this way, the browser collects your information as well as files.
You should not get skeptical while choosing blog hosting. You must consider a hosting site with an uptime of about 99.95% which is an indication that their server would work efficiency and result in better retainment of daily online users reading your blog. Speed of loading of your site is another important factor, if your blog lags in showing up to the user that would cut down the quality user experience.
Server Requirement for blog
Setting up your blog hosting server builds your authority over your files. If you don’t wish to have a blog server setup then you may go for Blogger, Radio, etc. In terms of flexibility, you should choose for a blog server for the sake of storing your blog posts in database or server files.
File-based servers are more viable as they involve less technical backend options while database servers such as MySQL are used for vast blog hosting requirements. PHP is also used widely for managing content systems. Apache can act as both a web server and Unix, they are highly efficient in ensuring their role of virtual delivery of blogs to users. NGINX is also used as a parallel to Apache HTTP Server due to its flexibility and premium features.
WordPress blog hosting
WordPress has been widely used by zillions because of its customization options. Hosting of a WordPress site usually needs PHP version 5.2 or My SQL version 5.0. WordPress hosting providers have a high-security layer with automated updation of sites. Sometimes using a managed WordPress hosting may block the functionality of plugins which is a major drawback.
For beginner bloggers, WordPress hosting is more recommended as they are affordable and could be handled without external help. Shared WordPress hosting may cost up to $ 10 per month while managed WordPress hosting may charge as much as $30 every month. Blue host, Siteground, Dream host, etc are some of the popular WordPress hosting for bloggers.
Blog shared hosting
In shared hosting, a single server is shared by many websites. This option is recommended to intermediate bloggers and is the cheapest hosting for blogs. There may be limitations on the webserver functionalities depending on the hosting packages but you can upgrade them as per the advancement that you need.
- Flexibility to upgrade without the hassle and manageable monitoring options
- Fewer customization options
- The uptime can get slow because of multiple websites using a single server leading to burdening.
Blog VPS hosting
A Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a kind of shared server but you have more security options along with less resource sharing of the server. The bounce rate of VPS is less thereby increasing the traffic to your site also it has its databases and is suitable for blogger hosting. With the help of managed virtual private servers such as Cloudways, Linode, Known host, etc the user needs not worry about the technical backend of the internet server.
- SEO friendly and can result in high traffic because of high performance.
- Beginner-friendly as they enable scaling of required resources with no issues related to technology.
- Can affect the site on the server when the host have lost their space and therefore constant monitoring of the shared sites is essential
Blog cloud hosting
The best part of cloud hosting is that the blog website can stand independently with its resources without sharing them with any other websites. You shall have an error-free blogging experience with cloud hosting. This is an Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) therefore you have to manage the security option, database collection, etc.
- Back up your content when your server fails.
- Since it doesn’t depend on a physical server, it has high uptime inculcated in its structure.
- It is costly to maintain.
- Can get hacked easily, hence not suitable to store sensitive content.
A blog dedicated server hosting
This is one server one customer hosting method where there are no shared connections rather the complete control of the server lies with the customer, the physical server along with its virtual environment, and all kinds of technical support are given by the hosting.
- Highly user friendly and flexible in the management of plugins and resources.
- Secure to store confidential business information.
- It is the most expensive hosting that can be up to $100 a month hence won’t be affordable for bloggers who are starting.
- The web hosting provider controls the server hence you don’t have physical access to it.
Best blog hosting providers
There is a couple of best blog hosting sites for various domains be it WordPress or any other. We here provide you a detailed idea about those sites including pricing, features, and benefits.
The best part of Bluehost is their 24/7 customer care service. They are best suited for WordPress. You can have 4 major plans under Bluehost.
- The basic plan has a 50 GB storage with 200,000 file amount ensuing standard performance with costing of $2.95 / month.
- Plus plan has unlimited storage and bandwidth promising advanced performance with basic backup options. It would cost around $5.45/month.
- Choice plus plan with unlimited storage and unlimited domains, have advanced backups and together cost $ 5.45/ month for the first term, and for renewal, you shall pay 16.99/ month.
- The Pro tier is for those who want the most advanced features like 300,000 file hosting, high performance, etc. It will cost 13.95/ month.
- Maximum traffic attracting features make it a high-traffic blog hosting platform.
- They have the best uptime with all level of storage available
- They may always pitch you for upgradations which may annoy the users.
- Charged migration of your sites.
They are more reliable for beginner bloggers as they offer unlimited bandwidth and also SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate. They offer free domain registrations. Drag and drop functionality makes it more user friendly.
- It is one of the inexpensive hosting starting at $1.99/month.
- There are many inbuilt templates and open-source apps that can enhance blog functionality.
- I Page includes content management systems such as WordPress, PixelPost, Gallery2, etc, and also e-commerce stores like AgoraCart, PrestaShop.
- They don’t use robust cPanel as a dashboard instead they opt for vDeck
- You need to pay more for effective add-on services. It has a renewal rate of about $7.99/ month and you need to pay for backup services as well which is about $1.14/month.
Amidst a large number of blog hosting companies, Siteground offers managed WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, and shared hosting options. With effective CDN(Content Delivery Network) your blog will get maximum visibility and global reach thereby accelerating the traffic. They offer cPanel, the best Webhosting dashboard, and also outstanding response time. They offer the following plans keeping an eye on the different needs of the customer:
- Startup plan: It’s a beginner level plan for those who have a single site, suitable for business and personal blog. It allows up to 10GB storage and costs around $3.95 per month.
- Grow big: This plan is apt for hosting multiple websites and gives access to more server resources. 20GB of storage and charges $5.95 per month.
- GoGeek: All free backup resources are available with unlimited website hosting, 30 GB of storage, and costs $11.95 /month.
- They provide a free SSL certificate using LetsEncrypt which is a boon for all those who look for WordPress hosting.
- Provides free website hosting migration which makes them stand out of the ground as many other hosting companies charge as high as $150 for this functionality.
- Advanced level security with unlimited bandwidth.
- Supports PHP 7.3 which can enhance the performance of your WordPress blog.
- Renewal cost is high which ranges from $14.99 to $39.99 per month.
It’s a beginner-friendly web host platform and is cheap for small blogs. Domain names are available with extensions .com, .net, etc at a fair price. You can get paid addons like extra backup storage and also CDN such as Cloudflare. The main subscription plans are:
- The startup plan is the basic entry plan which offers 100GB storage with a hosting facility for 1 website and no backup options. The first-term price is $6.99 / month and the renewal charge is $8.99 / month.
- Drive plan allows unlimited storage and website hosting with a backup feature. The first use deal is for $8.99 and $11.99 for renewal.
- Turbo boost package is sensational with plugins such as WordPress and Prestashop, resources include 2GB RAM and 2 cores and unlimited bandwidth. Starting at a rate of $14.99 / month and for renewal, you need to pay $ 19.99 / month.
- Turbo Max plan is on a high level with 4GB Ram and 4 cores as resources and because of its advanced performance, it’s a bit expensive with the first time plan having a $19.99 and renewal plan including $24.99.
- High accuracy and uptime
- They give the option to choose server locations
- They don’t provide a free SSL which is a useless add-on in upgrading.
- Higher plans are way more expensive than other hosting platforms.
WP Engine offers the best performance and high traffic blog hosting with its automated backups, SSL certificates, and Integrated CDNs. WordPress is pre-installed as a fest website host. It’s user friendly and provides plugins for eCommerce tools. The subscription plans are
- Startup: Enables storage of about 10 GB of storage and a bandwidth of 50 GB starting at $ 35 /month.
- Growth plan can support 5 websites and a storage of 20 GB charging at $115 / month
- Scale can help with 15 websites and a bandwidth of 400 GB pricing $290 / month.
- Instant page loading with the help of EverCache Technology.
- Many themes including StudioPress and Global CDN are also available free of cost.
- You have an option to test the development and staging of the setups before making them live.
- It’s very expensive.
- Doesn’t support non WordPress platforms
- Plugins for extra optimization are charged additionally.
Advantages of blog hosting
- Enhancement of security: A host is bound to protect your files, though they cannot guarantee complete security options yet they can manage them with the help of advanced security plugins. Required backup of existing files in an impeccable manner is very important which can be done with the help of the host service provider.
- Better technical experience: For a blogger who doesn’t have an idea about technical perspectives of website handling, website hosting makes their work easy with their blog hosting services. The customer service section of the hosting company would be available in case of any kind of inconvenience faced by the customer.
- Advanced plugins and advertising opportunities: Free blogging options don’t provide any kind of plugins to boost the traffic of your site. Plugins will increase the momentum of SEO and security options. Plugins for banner ads will increase revenue from your blog and this option is limited in blogs without hosting.
Disadvantages of blog hosting
- Difficult to shift your blog: If you wish to move to another hosting provider it could be difficult to extract the existing database, although shared hosting plans give you an up-gradation option for those who don’t provide it, as the source code is protected by the server.
- Less efficient customization options: For business blogs, this is a challenge, the hosted solutions can backlash when they need eventual configuration changes as their business grows.
1.Is it necessary to have a hosting to start as a blogger?
Ans: If you are experimenting in blogging then you may start without hosting but if you want more organic reach and revenue out of your blog then go for a self-hosted version of WordPress.Hosting makes your blog more professional and allows you to stand out in the online community.
2.What is cPanel WordPress hosting?
Ans: It is a Linux based control panel for web hosting. It is the industry standard and aids in managing hosting with efficiency. Though they cost more they can be handled easily with software installers.
3.Should I have to buy both domains and hosting from the same provider?
Ans: No, there is no rule like you have to purchase a domain and hosting for your blog from the same service provider. If you wish you can get them from the same or you can purchase them separately. Both methods work at the same level.
4.What is SSL?
Ans: SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer is a kind of protocol to ensure a secure web server connection. It can be thought of as a method to encrypt sensitive information so that the right audience can access it.
5.What are the disadvantages of free web hosting?
Ans: You will be limited to a minimal number of features in a free hosting platform. Too many ads would be there on the site and benefit the web hosting provider but you wouldn’t generate revenue out of it. It would be paid back by an indirect method where they give you free hosting and get back the worth through ads. In free web hosting, you may also find inefficient support from customer service.