Top Windows VPS Hosting and server
It is not an easy task to choose a hosting package as there are a lot of hosting providers and plans in the market. If you are a user of Shared Hosting and run your website on the Windows platform, you can easily experience better performance by upgrading your hosting package to Windows VPS Hosting at a little extra cost.
Before choosing the top Windows VPS hosting plans, you should come to know about the functions, features, benefits, and disadvantages of Windows VPS Hosting. At the same time, you have to go through the reviews and rankings of each provider. All of these details are explained in this article so that you can easily choose the most appropriate package to meet your hosting requirements.
What is Windows VPS Hosting?
Ans: VPS stands for Virtual Private Server and VPS Hosting refers to such type of hosting that uses partitioned virtual servers of a physical server. As a user will be let to use a total partitioned server to run his hosting, fast and reliable performance can be expected. Windows VPS hosting refers to hosting software that uses Windows technology.
Best Windows VPS Hosting
Windows VPS Server and its functions
From the discussion of the above-mentioned section, you should have understood that a VPS is basically a server running within a server. This is accomplished with software, called a hypervisor, that segments the physical server and keeps each segment separate from the rest.
As each VPS runs on a separate Operating System, users think they are independent servers. If such a server runs on Windows Applications and Windows Operating System, that server must be termed as Windows VPS Server.
Features of Windows VPS Hosting
While utilizing the best Windows VPS Hosting, you will come to know VPS servers offer paramount protective features and boosted performance. Each Windows VPS Server is powerful and enables proficient and deft business management.
Some features of Windows VPS Hosting Solutions are listed below.
- Free installations and quick stationing are offered by some VPS Windows Hosting Providers.
- It enables full core access to regulate the virtual private server.
- It enables the VPS server to shut down, boot, reboot independently and quickly.
- It helps the Hyper-V technology of Microsoft to fabricate a virtualized platform.
- You will be provided with distinctive IP addresses, RAM, and assigned disk space.
- You will experience unlimited and uninterrupted VPS Hosting.
- You will be provided with a free remote and weekly backups.
- VPS Windows Hosting Companies offer such plans that can be completely personalized to meet your specific hosting requirement and can be advanced in the future.
- World-class security that can prevent any type of virtual security threat.
- Pre-configured to manage the critical services.
Advantages of Windows VPS Hosting Services
You should know the advantages of Windows VPS Hosting Services before going through the features and reviews of the plans offered by the top Windows VPS Hosting Providers. These advantages are listed below.
- Windows VPS Hosting will help to shut, reboot, and boot your server. You can also use this hosting to check the status of disk usage.
- You will get maximum uptime for critical applications of business.
- You will experience the ace performance with 99.5% network connectivity and high speed.
- Minimal risk of virus attacks.
- The best Windows VPS hosting offers such plans that are flexible enough to enable the installation of accordant software applications.
- You will be able to scale your Windows VPS Server to various levels of usage, depending on your business requirements.
- You can expect cheap VPS Windows Hosting as this hosting is cost-effective compared to dedicated hosting.
Finally, it can be stated that the advantages of Windows VPS Hosting include protected and fast hosting solutions, enhanced Search Engine Optimizations, and world-class performance.
Disadvantages of Windows VPS Hosting Services
There are a few disadvantages of Windows VPS Hosting and you should consider them while identifying your hosting requirements. These disadvantages are listed below.
- A Windows VPS Server is less robust than a Dedicated Server. That means Windows VPS Hosting is suitable for such websites that draw moderate traffic. If you own a large web portal that runs on resource-hungry applications most of the time and involves sending hundreds of emails every day, a dedicated server will be a better choice.
- Though VPS Windows Hosting Providers guarantee world-class security solutions for their hosting plans, still, other users can affect your hosting. Some providers aren’t able to allocate resources properly. This can create issues if a specific website uses its resources at peak levels. The VPS host may have divided the server space among a large number of users, banking on the possibility that they will not use the entire bandwidth allocated to them. But if they do, other websites on the same physical server can get affected.
Finally, it can be stated that low-cost Windows VPS Hosting Solutions are suitable for a semi-enterprise-level website that experiences moderate web traffic.
Managed VPS Windows Hosting and its reviews 2020
There are different types of hosting users in the market and among them, beginners or non-tech-savvy users prefer to use Fully Managed VPS Windows Hosting, and experts or tech-savvy users prefer to use Self Managed VPS Windows Hosting.
Fully Managed VPS Windows Hosting
There are some VPS Windows Hosting Companies that offer Fully Managed VPS Windows Hosting Solutions with the help of their world-class hosting features and expert tech-support teams. So, the features and the benefits that you can expect are listed below.
- This type of Windows VPS Hosting can host multiple websites based on ASP.NET, MS SQL, MS Access, or any of the Microsoft technologies.
- You will be provided with the feature of Remote Desktop Access. Administrator RDP access should have been present with all Windows VPS instances.
- The feature of remote reboot must be present. A secure VPS Management Panel can help you to perform remote reboots.
- You will be provided with easily managed VPS hosting with system-level control through advanced cPanel Windows VPS. You will be able to easily control automated updates, application deployment, and maintenance.
- Some top VPS Windows Hosting Providers offer such control panels that provide web-based interfaces required to administer several website functions.
- The best Windows VPS Hosting Provider must offer the feature of auto-renewal of control panels and plans.
- Your hosting plans will be provided with guaranteed resources. CPU, Memory, and Storage are allocated to each VPS.
- A Fully Managed VPS Windows Hosting Provider must take the responsibility of Windows VPS Server Maintenance. These maintenance works must include regular checks and replacements of various hardware components.
- 24/7 power and network availability.
- World-class support from the 24/7 technical support team must be available. This support team must take some essential responsibilities like server maintenance, resolving security issues, updating antiviruses, and providing security patches.
Self Managed VPS Windows Hosting
If you are an expert in handling various hosting tools and know the techniques to optimize the hosting performance, then you should buy a Self Managed VPS Windows Hosting Plan. Before choosing a provider, you should know the features and benefits of this type of hosting. We have listed them below.
- You should get full control over your hosting environment.
- The Top Windows VPS Hosting Provider will offer full root access with SSH keys for total control as well as a command-line for flexibility and power.
- User-friendly system tools so that you can easily configure your Windows VPS Server.
- You can monitor server uptime and performance.
- Appropriate customizations will make your site perfect to accept unlimited web traffic.
- You will get KVM virtualization for full control of your hardware resources.
- Some reputed Windows VPS Hosting Companies provide some exceptional plans so that you can create unlimited hosting accounts with optional cPanel/WHM + Installatron.
- A Self Managed VPS Windows Hosting plan will let you create the schedule to receive automated backups.
- You will get the opportunities or system tools to fix issues using the recovery console.
- You can customize the scalability feature of your plan. Thus, you can keep your Windows VPS Hosting cost low.
- While speaking about security, you can monitor your network accurately. Almost all hosting providers offer advanced DDoS protection and a free SSL certificate.
Conclusively, it must be mentioned that nowadays, almost all best VPS Windows Hosting Providers offer huge sets of hosting tools so that users can easily control every cPanel Windows VPS and can optimize the performance.
Managed vs Unmanaged VPS- A brief explanation
While discussing Managed vs Unmanaged VPS, you should know the definitions and functions of both of these types.
In Managed VPS Hosting, your service provider takes care of all the server-related responsibilities like core updates, maintenance, software installation, etc. If you are a beginner in hosting and not a tech-savvy person, you must choose this hosting type.
In Unmanaged VPS Hosting, the owner does have to take care of server-related issues and maintenance tasks, whereas, your hosting provider only takes care of the physical server and its availability. If you choose to opt for Unmanaged VPS Hosting, then you should have the technical expertise or dedicated in-house resources managing your server, operating system, and other server related resources.
In conclusion, it must be mentioned that both of these hosting types can offer cost-effective and cheap VPS Windows Hosting plans.
cPanel Windows VPS, its functions, features, and benefits
cPanel is one of the most popular web-based control panels in the hosting industry. It is a Unix based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site. A user-friendly cPanel Windows VPS can offer a reliable and fastest VPS Windows Hosting.
Basic functions, benefits, and features of a cPanel
A cPanel Windows VPS is the most important tool for a user of the Unmanaged or Fully Managed VPS Windows Hosting Services. However, your hosting provider must provide enough technical support to you so that you can smoothly install cPanel on your Windows VPS Server.
Some functions and features of a cPanel are listed below.
- A cPanel should offer a user-friendly client-side interface. You should be able to easily navigate and can connect with the control buttons of various hosting features.
- As cPanel supports a wide array of Operating Systems, you can reap all the benefits of a cPanel Windows VPS.
- Webhosting clients consider cPanel as a stable control panel system.
- cPanel is an ideal tool to incorporate third-party applications into their control panel software.
- cPanel is an extremely easy control panel to the skin, and many designing and skinning companies have taken advantage of this. Skins such as iCandy and cPanel XP 2004 provide an amazing interface design. Skin sets such as cPanel XP 2004 and RV Skin take advantage of the WHM API and incorporate various features to the control panel, including custom pages.
- cPanel is easily upgradable and it is provided with frequent updates.
Cloud VPS Windows Hosting, reviews, and various aspects
Every cloud-based Windows VPS Server is an attraction to resellers in the market of hosting. As a reseller, you will be able to design and develop and register windows based cloud web applications throughout their hosting space. Some providers offer cheap VPS Windows Hosting servers letting clients save and yield much money as a discount.
Before buying a Cloud VPS Windows Hosting Service, you should check the versions of the Windows Servers offered by your chosen provider. At the same time, you must check the features and standards of the available cloud panels.
Below, we have created a Cloud VPS Windows Hosting List of Providers and their best plans. You can also find the reviews, features, and benefits offered by these providers. Just go through this list and choose your best Windows VPS Hosting Package that can meet all of your requirements.
Windows Server VM Hosting, features, reviews, and various aspects
While speaking about Windows Server VM Hosting, it must be stated that VM stands for Virtual Machines. A virtual machine (VM) is a software computer used as an emulation of an actual physical computer. A virtual server operates in a “multi-tenant” environment, meaning that multiple VMs run on the same physical hardware. In this case, the computing resources of a physical server are virtualized and shared among all VMs running on it.
Before using Windows Server VM Hosting, you must be able to deploy a high-performing virtual machine with its own Operating System (preferably Windows), necessary applications, and resources. A VM supported Hosting service will let you clone a system and you will be able to run old software and new applications smoothly.
Some other features and benefits of a Windows Server VM Hosting are listed below.
- Some providers offer highly scalable cloud infrastructure.
- You can easily upgrade or downgrade plans.
- You can easily set-up your server.
- You can easily set-up your security system.
- A great redundancy.
Below, we have created a list of some top Windows VPS Hosting Providers who offer affordable Windows Server VM Hosting solutions. Go through this list and choose the best package to meet your requirements.
Difference between Windows Shared, VPS, and Dedicated Server Hosting
Windows Shared Hosting
While defining Shared Hosting, you must know that it is a kind of hosting which shares a single physical server, resources, and space with multiple websites or hosting clients. As the server and resources are shared, this hosting is very much affordable. Shared hosting is also highly accessible – there are a lot of available plans on the market.
A Shared Hosting system can run on both Windows and Linux. But, its server offers different sets of features for each of these OS. Your hosting plan’s OS will form the core of your server – regulating which apps you can install, how long the process will take, and even how well your server performs. It must be mentioned that even if you use Linux on your PC, you can still use Windows Shared Hosting. That means you don’t have to use a hosting plan that runs on the platform you use personally.
While discussing issues regarding Windows VPS Hosting cost, you should keep in mind that though shared hosting is very affordable, Windows-based hosting generally carries a higher price tag than Linux plans. In return, Windows plans offer more control – especially over the specific server tools you can use.
Some other features and benefits of Windows Shared Hosting are listed below.
- Windows-based plans will offer more control to your hosting environment.
- Windows offers almost every technology available for Linux, plus some additional options. This can be a major deciding factor, especially if you are well-versed in a particular tool, such as MsSQL. It’s vital to ensure that your hosting plan supports tools so that you can work comfortably, particularly if you don’t have a team of web developers.
- Windows shared hosting usually offers a higher level of technical support, especially when it comes to carrying out site maintenance and fixing errors. This makes it a strong fit for first-time site owners and small businesses.
- You can expect better site security as Windows is developed and backed by one of the world’s largest corporations – meaning security patches are available frequently, and usually for free.
In conclusion, it must be mentioned that if you use an appropriate server tool, you may expect better performance and stronger security. Thus, you can reap all of the benefits of Windows Shared Hosting.
Windows Dedicated Server Hosting
In the matter of hosting, a dedicated server is a type of remote server that is owned by a single individual or a website. It is usually deployed, hosted, and managed by a hosting, cloud, or managed service provider. It gets not shared with any other customers, services, or applications unless multiple servers exist within that infrastructure. Typically, a dedicated server gets rented monthly, while it provides a stated amount of memory, hard disk space, and bandwidth to a client as this typically saves router, internet connection, security system, and network administration costs.
Before purchasing a Windows Dedicated Server Hosting Package, keep in mind that not all dedicated servers are managed. However, if you wish, you can choose fully managed dedicated hosting plans too.
Dedicated Servers get categorized on their hardware qualities and capacities. For example, you can find single and dual processor servers for different sets of activities.
As a tech-savvy person, you will be able to manage a dedicated server appropriately. As you will own this server alone, Windows Dedicated Server Hosting is more expensive than almost all other types of hosting services.
Some features and benefits are listed below.
- You should be able to customize your management level during the setup process by selecting the server image type, including multiple management panels like cPanel and Plesk.
- Partially or fully managed Windows Dedicated Server Hosting offers monitored DDoS or the service of real-time monitoring to mitigate threats and shield your website and server from sudden attacks.
- Partially or fully managed Windows Dedicated Server Hosting services help you to monitor servers, mitigating risk, and optimizing performance.
- Some providers offer such a feature that will help you to monitor and manage your Windows Server remotely.
- Some providers offer Cloudflare CDN so that you can speed up your website by serving site content from worldwide servers located close to your visitors.
- You can expect backup drives and automated backups. You can control your backup schedules.
- Server Secure protection will help you to optimize security settings.
- Some providers offer cPanel, and others provide Plesk. However, almost all providers offer Interworx.
- You will get the feature of root access. That means you can take full control of your server with root-level access for complete management control of your server environment.
- You will be provided with a dedicated IP address to enhance security and the accessibility of the server.
- Proper customizations will ensure 100% uptime.
In conclusion, we must mention that if you can effectively control Windows Dedicated Server Hosting, you will get faster and better performance than those of Shared and VPS counterparts.
VPS Windows Hosting UK, features, and reviews
If you are running your business in India, but you run your business units in the UK too, then you have to host your web pages in the UK. If you wish to run VPS hosting on a Windows-based platform, then you have to choose a package after going through the services offered by the best VPS Windows Hosting providers in the UK.
The top VPS Windows Hosting UK offers some features and benefits that are listed below.
- Automatic and periodical backups.
- The feature to instantly set up each Windows VPS Server.
- Automatic reboot and shutdown.
- Easy Control Panel Installation.
- You can easily monitor the functions of your server and network.
- VNC & SSH Console andSSH Keys.
- World-class security.
Below, we have created a VPS Windows Hosting list of the UK. Just go through this list, read the reviews, and select the best hosting package that can perfectly meet your requirements.
Buying Guide for Windows VPS Hosting
Before buying a Windows VPS Hosting package, you need to consider a few factors so that you can experience the benefits of cost-effective hosting solutions. Below, we have discussed these factors in detail.
Know your requirements
First, you should identify your exact hosting requirements. If you buy a package of the wrong type of hosting, your website may not get optimized, and at the same time, the total cost may increase. For example, a Shared Hosting Package is very much affordable undoubtedly, but if you are running a semi-enterprise-level website, you will require a faster and better performance. In that case, if your budget is not so high, you should opt for VPS Hosting instead of dedicated server hosting. Keep in mind that dedicated server hosting is most expensive, and only a tech-savvy person can manage it effectively to get the best hosting performance.
Why Windows VPS Hosting
VPS Hosting can run on both Windows and Linux Operating Systems. However, in this regard, you will get different sets of features for each type of OS-based VPS Hosting. It has got found that the number of Windows-friendly applications is more than Linux-friendly applications. Thus, many providers can offer the fastest VPS Windows Hosting services. Finally, keep in mind that the average Windows VPS Hosting cost is more than the average cost of Linux-based VPS Hosting.
Check the features and benefits
In this article, previously, we have already discussed the features and benefits of various types of Windows VPS Hosting services. Also, you must go through the lists of the top VPS Windows Hosting companies and their plans so that you can know about the individual sets of features and benefits of each hosting package. Choose and buy the most appropriate package to meet your hosting requirements.
Above, we have already mentioned that VPS Hosting is more expensive than a Shared Hosting but less expensive than a Dedicated Server Hosting. Also, we have mentioned earlier that a Windows VPS Hosting is costlier than a Linux-based VPS Hosting.
Don’t blindly choose a low-cost or cheap VPS Windows Hosting. Instead, choose a hosting package that can meet all of your requirements at an affordable rate. That means, in short, a cost-effective package should get considered as the best Windows VPS Hosting plan.
Now, if you wish to get an idea of the price comparison of cheap Windows VPS Hosting, you should go through the below-mentioned list that we have created with the names and details of some hosting providers, their offered hosting plans with their prices, hosting features and reviews. After going through this list, you will be able to choose the best low-cost Windows VPS Hosting plan.
Frequently Asked Question
Q.1 What is VPS hosting used for?
VPS is the abbreviation of a Virtual Private Server. VPS hosting is the most popular alternative hosting you can choose for your website. It uses Virtualization technology to provide you with dedicated resources on a server with many users.
Q.2 What is Linux VPS hosting?
Linux VPS stands for virtual private server runs on the Linux system. A VPS is a virtual server hosted on a physical server. A server is virtual if it runs on host computer memories which can run few other servers.
Q.3 Is VPS hosting faster than shared?
A VPS hosting plan is always faster than a shared hosting plan but it is costlier than shared hosting.