E-commerce hosting is a service that offers some particular solutions to their clients so that they can sell their merchandise online. The clients have to pay monthly, quarterly or yearly for using the spaces on the hosting provider’s servers. E-commerce hosting businesses usually manage all the technical facets of commercial website development and maintenance for their clients. E-commerce hosting can also include electronic data interchange.
Top E-commerce Platforms
A lot of plugins and tools have been created using various programming platforms to make E-commerce experience better. Here, we will discuss some of the most popular platforms which can help you to reach your business goals when using an E-commerce website.
There are plenty of WordPress E-commerce plugins in the market. But not all of them have the right set of features to achieve business goals.
There are various types of E-commerce plugins in WordPress. Some of them are perfect for selling digital or electronics goods, whereas, many others are useful to sell non-digital products like books, dolls, bags, etc. Also, if you want to run a drop-shipping business, then you’ll need an E-commerce solution that provides better support for drop-shipping.
E-commerce websites are resource-intensive. Thus, at first, choose an appropriate WordPress Hosting service for your E-commerce website.
If the budget is not an issue, then it is recommended to use managed WordPress hosting. After that, choose a domain name and register your domain. When your hosting service will get activated fully, you can choose essential business plugins. Choose such a hosting provider who offers an effective website builder so that you get options to install a lot of WordPress plugins.
Some top WordPress-based E-commerce platforms are-
- Easy Digital Downloads.
Magento is one of the most popular E-commerce platforms for hosting and other solutions. It covers around 29.1% market share.
The Magento platform is built on open source technology giving E-commerce store owners much-needed flexibility for shopping carts of their websites. Due to open source technology, you will have full control over the content, functionality, and overall look of your online store.
Magento’s E-commerce platform is user-friendly and even a non-technical person can use it easily.
Magento offers a huge number of top-quality themes and extensions. Thus, you can easily customize your site and integrate it with other applications even further. Premium themes increase your site’s load speed.
Magento acts as a marketplace for a large number of essential add-ons.
There are many tools to maximize your productivity. Some tools optimize the search functionalities.
You can join the Magento community. It is large, active and supportive. You can take the help of experts to find solutions to all types of problems you may be facing.
Each application of Magento comes with multiple master databases let you ramp up your capacity where needed so you can handle a wide range of workloads across your products, orders, and checkouts. Thus, Magento is extremely scalable. When an E-commerce site gets updates, a Magento application adapts itself with that update.
The two versions of Magento are Magento 1 and Magento 2.
Magento makes your hosting experience unique. That’s why a few hosting companies have collaborated with Magento so that they can utilize Magento servers. These servers offer optimized caching systems, high-tech hardware, and various other unique features. The hosting options with Magento are listed below-
- SiteGround Magento Web Hosting– SiteGround has rolled out Magento focused servers. SiteGround’s Supercacher keeps your website loading fast and it’s Cloudflare CDN tops off its impressive hosting package by making your site visitor’s experience swift and satisfying. Users and web visitors will get world-class security. SiteGround also has one of the most in-depth guides on installing Magento and optimizing it for maximum performance and stability.
SiteGround offers some “Geeky” features. Among them, one feature provides SG-Git and it allows for easy Magento repo creation. This feature allows you to make a Git repository of your Magento install which you can access and edit locally while comparing your site changes between the live site and your staging site. This makes updating and deploying your new site a breeze for a very reasonable cost.
- Nexcess Magento Web Hosting- Nexcess is known in the hosting industry for having high performing servers and unparalleled tech support. It offers 24/7 customer support. The Nexcess platform is also PCI compliant meaning your site will be extensively safeguarded from vulnerabilities and threats which meet the PCI Security Standards Council’s requirements of a hosting provider.
With features like CDN’s and dedicated servers you can take initiatives to maximize uptime, performance, and security. To know about their hosting plans and pricing, visit the Nexcess website or download their Magento White Paper to learn the best practices for optimum Magento performance.
- MageMojo Magento Web Hosting- MageMojo manages every aspect of your server like CPU, memory, disk space, and even bandwidth which is optimized specifically for your Magento store. All services are available with a transparent service level agreement.
Every plan comes with a dedicated server and solid-state drives which makes your site load extremely fast and won’t lag under stressful shopping days where your traffic is spiking.
The services are exceptionally responsive and they only host Magento sites.
- Sonassi Magento Web Hosting- Sonassi has been hosting high-performance Magento stores since the original Magento was still in beta back in 2008. They built their solutions with speed, scalability, and stability in mind. They started their journey by not only hosting Magento stores but building them for their clients as well. In 2015, Sannasi discontinued offering Magento builds for their clients but still offers top of the line Magento hosting.
Sonassi team created MageStack which is the fastest platform a Magento store can run on. The MageStack gives you the power and scalability of a cloud system combined with the speed of a dedicated server. They advertise speeds as low as 8 milliseconds and credit their advanced caching functionality and load balancing features.
Sonassi is a managed Magento solution and it offers features like comprehensively automated backups for your site and advanced security protocols. You will also get features like MageStack and integrated CDN.
- Cloudways Magento Web Hosting- Cloudways offers managed web hosting solutions. Thus, you need to choose any provider from a lot of providers like AWS, Digital Ocean, and more. You can choose from over 30 unique locations across the world to host your store on so can be closest to your target audience.
Cloudways offers one of the quickest loading speed. Moreover, you can find a user-friendly experience too.
It offers managed security and thus, you don’t have to pay for expensive and heavy security solutions for your Magento store and you can rely on the security experts at Cloudways. They constantly update your system, patch your firmware at appropriate times, and constantly monitor your site for threats.
You can experience auto-scaling Magento hosting, and thus, your store will not suffer due to unexpected traffic spikes.
At last, we can say that you need to be cautious before choosing a Magento service provider. Always keep in mind that you have to achieve your goals in a cost-effective way.
Shopify offers a software service that helps you to create a website and you can use their shopping cart solution to sell, ship and manage your products. Using their service, you can get access to easy to use admin panel where you can add products, process orders and enter store data.
With the monthly plans of Shopify, you will be able to build a fully functional online store that you can use to sell digital or physical goods. Shopify also offers a limited free trial.
Shopify has its own official theme store. These themes are all guaranteed to have full support from the top-class designers. You can easily edit these themes and you don’t need any knowledge of coding. However, you will get more features in the premium themes.
After adding your products, you can easily upload their images. These images will appear prominently to web visitors.
You can easily set up collections or a group of products.
When you will decide to add a new collection, you can select how products should be added to it. These are the two options:
- Manually - You add and remove products in a manual collection individually.
- Automatically - You can set up selection conditions to automatically include products that meet certain criteria.
Shopify helps you to add various types of payment options on your E-commerce website. Thus, you can add a card payment system or net banking options.
In the products page, you can set your tax rate and shipping rate against each product. Shopify will calculate a shipping rate for your customers based on the rules that you define in the Shipping page of the admin.
You can buy domains from Shopify or you can connect your existing domain. You will get each and every detail on its official website.
Big-commerce is a paid e-commerce solution that allows business owners to set up an online store and sell their products online. You can’t own any software of Bigcommerce. You need to pay a fee monthly to use it.
Big-commerce comes with a huge range of customizable templates to help you design your store. You can use them to sell physical or digital goods. There are also some tools provided to help you promote your store.
The features of Bigcommerce can be easily used by such people who are not tech-savvy. Also, tech-savvy people can use them for a better experience.
Advantages of Bigcommerce are as follows-
- Integration with PayPal and a wide range of payment gateways.
- Full content management (CMS) functionality.
- Excellent SEO options- you can easily add appropriate keywords to your products and site pages and can create SEO-friendly URLs.
- Akamai Image Manager takes care of automated image optimization. This activity can speed up the delivery of your web pages, which can, in turn, improve search rankings.
- The system can be integrated with a lot of Email Marketing tools and platforms.
- The feature to post the product reviews.
- You can easily edit CSS and HTML coding.
There is a major disadvantage which you can use in Bigcommerce. If this provider suddenly changes any of its features or stops to offer any feature, you may need to migrate to another E-commerce platform.
Wix is such a provider that offers the best website builder in the market. With its website builder, you can create almost any type of website. Thus, you can create an E-commerce-friendly website also. There are more than 300 templates and you can choose an enterprise-level template very easily. The drag and drop feature will help you to create an efficient website very easily.
Using the services of Wix, you will get mobile-optimized E-commerce websites. Using drag and drop feature, you can create an online store using a store builder.
The features offered by an E-commerce store of Wix are-
- You can add multiple payment options based on 25 different currencies.
- You can sell physical and digital products.
- You can enable non-electronic payment systems.
- You can offer subscriptions and pick custom billing intervals.
- Digital download buyers get automatic emails with unique download links after payment.
- You will get a lot of options to properly display the images of your products.
- You can add custom tax and shipping costs.
Moreover, from the Wix platform, your web visitors can easily share the details of your products to various Social Media Channels. From the Wix App Market, you can install SEO-friendly apps and plugins so that you can use them to promote your products and brand.
A BRIEF NOTE EXPLAINING THE TYPES OF SERVERS AND THEIR IMPORTANT CONFIGURATIONS REQUIRED TO RUN E-COMMERCE WEBSITE HOSTING SOLUTIONS SMOOTHLY
There are many things to consider when developing an online shop, but, at first, you have to consider two very important aspects of a successful E-commerce site. They are shopping carts and web hosting.
But, for a perfect hosting solution for your E-commerce site, you have to choose the proper servers. Also, you have to configure them appropriately.
The server technology used by an E-commerce website should be customer-friendly, professional and flawless. The IT infrastructure for such hosting servers should be highly efficient and advanced.
Your hosting servers must be chosen on the basis of following parameters-
- If your business has on-site servers, moving to more flexible platforms such as rack servers can offer the expandability that must be built into your server platform.
- To avoid slow hosting experience, you can choose highly efficient cloud servers.
- Only real technical experts must provide you all supports. The provider must offer 24/7 customer support.
- Your system must encompass integration options, such as secure credit card transactions, credit checks and so on, and that it enables you to migrate away flexibly.
There are some other factors that must be considered when choosing a hosting server.
Firstly, decide whether PaaS (Platform as a Service) is appropriate for your business. Using a PaaS service provider can take many of the IT headaches away from building an efficient e-commerce website. Look at the SLA carefully to ensure that you fully understand what the vendor is offering, and what additional costs might be incurred.
Now, check the efficiency of your broadband service. It is important that your business can update the E-commerce store, so a high-performance broadband connection is vital. Today with so many online stores to choose from, consumers may not wait for a slow server, so also look closely at how your ISP is connected to the internet.
Your server platform must have built-in security features. Taking card payments from consumers requires the servers that your business uses to comply with PCI. However, also look at the data security that your server offers. This should protect your store from malicious code.
Your E-commerce servers must be able to expand your business. They should be able to add new resources easily.
Your provider must offer a high-level of server uptime. Choose such a provider who can ensure that your server will be available always.
Some important points need to be considered when choosing and configuring a server. They are-
- You can expand your business easily, if your provider offers a powerful CPU, a well maintained operating system, enough space storage, RAM, unlimited bandwidth and a huge SSD storage. Unlimited add-ons, email accounts, subdomains, and databases will be helpful for you to create secondary projects.
- Daily backup with the help of professional software such as R1Soft or using a simple automatically installed script like Softaculous or Fantastico is essential. If you use a predefined CMS like WordPress, you can save your website with its text, images, videos, design, databases and other sensitive information like customer accounts and added products. Both the databases and all the FTP content must be saved daily if you have a lot of changes on your website, else you can try making a weekly or a monthly backup for rare changes,
- PCI compliance compatible server is a necessary feature. If you want to activate the PCI compliance you need to discuss with the support team and you also need to regularly update server software in order to maintain this option available if you have a VPS or a dedicated server. PCI compliance is very useful if you accept credit cards online or other financial aspects important for your customers.
- Total control over resources is the best way to manage and maintain your website’s speed and performance. To do this, you actually need at least a VPS or a semi-dedicated server if not a full dedicated server.
You need to consider the above-mentioned points before choosing and configuring a server for your E-commerce platform.
A BRIEF NOTE ON DIFFERENT TYPES OF E-COMMERCE HOSTING
There are 4 broad types of E-commerce hosting. In the next few sections, we have explained about them.
Shared E-commerce Hosting
You already know about Shared Hosting services, In shared hosting, you can use such resources of a server that are used by other users. That’s why it is not a wise decision to choose a shared hosting solution for your E-commerce site. In this regard, some important points are-
- Shared IP addresses can face security threats. Due to a shared IP address, your online store can get damaged for the unethical activities of other users of your shared hosting server. If you possess a shared IP address, you can receive spam emails and that may result in the blocking of IP by Google’s servers temporarily.
- Shared hosting has a lot of limitations. Here, you have to share your Web Hosting Space, Memory, Bandwidth and CPU Processing power with other users. Many hosts use CloudLinux in their shared environment, limiting the overusing account, however, this does not address the resources sharing issue. Due to shared hosting service, your E-commerce site’s performance may get affected if it experiences a sudden traffic spike.
- Shared hosting platforms may be optimized with CloudLinux and LiteSpeed web server, but they aren’t E-commerce friendly. Thus, your website will load slowly. Also, slow websites affect your SEO performance and increase the bounce rate.
- You may experience various types of security threats while using a shared hosting service. SSL certificates are provided by some hosting service providers. But, these certificates can’t offer top-quality security. You can’t control various security parameters. Thus, you can’t know who is accessing the hosting server.
- Shared hosting plans are cheap no doubt. But, you have to compromise with security and some other issues like scalability and uptime.
Dedicated E-commerce Hosting
In dedicated hosting, you will own a server and you can manage that server according to your wishes.
If you avail dedicated hosting service for your E-commerce site, your site can manage a huge volume of traffic. You will get huge storage and virtually unlimited bandwidth.
As you will own a server, you don’t have to worry about the actions of others affecting its operation, nor will your response time be throttled by the traffic of other sites residing on your server. This means your pages will load faster.
You will get more freedom to choose different types of software, add-ons, and plugins. Security is more robust as well because you will experience huge volumes of traffic in and out of your server. You’ll also enjoy more privacy, as well as a unique IP Address. These factors offer good protection against malware and adware, which in turn means your site is more difficult to hack.
Dedicated E-commerce Hosting has a few disadvantages too. First of all, all of its plans are expensive as this hosting service offers separate servers for individual users. Secondly, you have to manage various technical aspects of your hosting server. Thus, you need to be technically smart or you need to pay an extra amount to your provider so that they can take the responsibility to handle all technical matters.
VPS E-commerce Hosting
In VPS hosting, a shared server is broken into several virtual servers by using virtualization software. These servers are strictly defined and managed by the virtualization software. Based on the hardware setup you purchase, the virtual computer will be allocated with the specified number of CPUs, RAM, disk space, and bandwidth. Many hosts allow for automatic expansion beyond these resources while others enforce them strictly.
If you use VPS hosting for your E-commerce site, you will get the following benefits-
- If another user on your host’s services is misbehaving, this will have little to no impact on your VPS service. If another user’s activities crash their server, it won’t crash yours. In fact, only their virtual machine crashes. This has no impact on the physical server on which the virtual machines are run.
- Your E-commerce website will experience greater speed and reliability. In your portion of virtual servers, you can use your own resources without sharing.
- You can experience uninterrupted high-level performance.
- If you are technically strong, you might need root access to install some programs. VPS hosting offers the facility of root access.
VPS E-commerce Hosting is appropriate for E-commerce start-ups. It is much cheaper than dedicated hosting while being much more robust than shared hosting.
Cloud E-commerce Hosting
When it comes to an E-commerce website, there are a lot of things to be taken care of, and you need to make the right decisions and investments for your business to flourish and get established as a brand name. Cloud hosting is one such platform that provides the perfect framework for developing a full-fledged E-commerce website.
It’s a general opinion that cloud hosting involves a huge investment, but that’s not the case. You can opt for an economically priced cloud hosting package for your E-commerce website.
The benefits of Cloud E-commerce Hosting are-
- It offers high scalability. It helps your business to deal with a huge number of customer visits and increased customer activity in a dynamic way. With increased user activity, you can easily scale up the resources in the active sessions. With cloud hosting, you can be confident in managing the increased number of sales. All the cloud servers are crafted for ensuring maximum performance.
- You will get top-quality restore and backup facilities.
- If your E-commerce business is hosted on a cloud server, users get easy access to their important business information through any standard web browser. This helps in reducing the additional cost for setting up an in-house system.
- The cloud hosting solution is professionally managed and therefore you can be sure that your business data is secure. Cloud hosting has the highest levels of security measures in place. Along with end-to-end data encryption, cloud hosting also provides managed firewalls, antivirus programs and multi-level authentication process that ensures complete protection of important business data and files.
- Cloud hosting offers flexibility. That means if your bandwidth requirement increases, it is easy to scale up the resources. Scaling up the resources on a cloud server is possible immediately as a result of which your website does not get slowed down.
- Cloud hosting servers are linked to the same network and therefore they function in a complementary manner. The load is distributed between the cloud servers for better functionality. This goes on to say that your website has an on-going backup system and you can count on this system for the best reliability.
- Cloud hosting makes an E-commerce website fully optimized for various smart devices. Employees can manage their work from anywhere through their smartphones and tabs. People can also share important documents and data virtually through the cloud. This feature can reduce the time-to-market and improvise on product development and customer service.
- Cloud hosting solution ensures better IT management and maintenance system through central administration of resources. The need for IT infrastructure management and maintenance is eliminated because all the resources are maintained by the service provider. Through cloud hosting, E-commerce website users can enjoy a simple and user-friendly interface for accessing applications, software, and services without the need for any installation.
- With cloud hosting, users are provided with complete control over their hosting platform. You can install applications and do much more with full root / RDP access. You can utilize this feature for enhancing the activities of your E-commerce business and ensure the smooth operations of your website.
The cloud technology has opened new doors for E-commerce business management and innovation. E-commerce is an ever-evolving industry and you must be equipped with the best resources to create your mark in this industry. A cloud hosting solution will provide you with a full-fledged framework for setting up and developing your E-commerce business.
Know some important differences between E-commerce Hosting and WordPress Hosting
To run an E-commerce business, at first, you need to create an online store on your business website. Your customers will buy products online from that store. That’s why, you need to integrate various important features like payment gateways, online cart, and various essential buttons. Also, you need to use an effective hosting service. You can find separate providers to create an E-commerce store and to get a hosting service. However, some providers offer both of these services at the same time. Many providers offer Web page design, electronic storefronts, and online catalogs, electronic shopping carts, the provision of financial transactions, customer order processing, and inventory management tools. E-commerce hosting may also involve EDI, which includes emails, faxes and business documents. EDI documents are made up of data element strings that represent a product’s price, model number, and other important information.
On the other hand, some hosting services created specifically for WordPress websites can be termed as WordPress Hosting services. WordPress web hosting is a host that’s been optimized to run WordPress. The additional features offered will vary depending on the type of WordPress hosting you go with. But, generally it’ll be equipped with features like one-click-install, so you can quickly install WordPress on your site, or automatic updates to the WordPress core. Keep in mind that WordPress hosting is not a requirement if you want to run WordPress. You can run WordPress on almost any hosting style as the requirements to run WordPress are quite minimal.
All of these above-mentioned hosting services belong to different broad types of hosting. They can be offered through shared servers, dedicated servers, VPS servers, cloud technology and managed the system.
WordPress E-commerce Hosting
If you want to use a proper hosting service for your WordPress site which contains an E-commerce store, then WordPress E-commerce Hosting should be appropriate for you. In this regard, many providers offer powerful features so that you can effectively manage your E-commerce store.
Almost all providers offer a lot of essential WordPress plugins and extensions. They offer huge storage spaces and unlimited bandwidth. Thus, you can add an unlimited number of product descriptions, and images.
Among all popular E-commerce platforms, WooCommerce is the incontestable leader. However, to use its hosting service, you need to pay an extra amount.
List of benefits of E-commerce hosting
An E-commerce hosting solution can be really advantageous for anyone who is looking to start an online business. Some of the essential benefits are listed below-
- Your E-commerce site will remain available always. You will experience no downtime.
- An online business would mean online transactions. When a customer buys a product from your website, he makes online transactions. Ecommerce hosting providers equip your website with authentic SSL certificates to safeguard your crucial customer data during transit. Also, they secure your website from viruses and hackers through different security applications.
- Your customers can use user-friendly shopping carts. First, it allows customer to add products which they like and then review all of them and order desired ones from a single place. Second, it provides hassle-free shopping with a secure checkout process. Easy integrations with payment gateways help customers to place the orders straightaway.
- You don’t need to be an expert in various technical matters. The hosting company provides the web server, website design tool, and install special capabilities on your website related to order processing and payment. Thus, what they basically do is provide you with a ready-to-use framework in the form of some virtual templates, which can be used by you to further customize and enhance your website.
- An efficient hosting provider will let you manage multiple websites through a single admin panel. This will help you in expanding your business base and earning more customers.
List of disadvantages of E-commerce Hosting
A hosted E-commerce platform may experience various drawbacks. Some of them are mentioned below-
- There is a limited number of custom features. An efficient provider offers only 80% of all custom features. To get the remaining 20%, you have to pay an extra amount.
- The cost of using third-party platforms sometimes appears higher than self-hosting. To use an E-commerce platform, you have to pay for hosting, software development, customer service, and profit for the platform owner. Some providers also charge many indirect costs.
- E-commerce hosted platform is not suitable to manage flash sales or a large market place.
- Even if you are an expert in handling various technical matters, still you have to seek support from the customer service of the provider.
A list of the best E-commerce service providers for small businesses and start-ups
The E-commerce market is growing at a rapid pace. And with the new technology innovation, new opportunities are opening up for small business entrepreneurs.
Here, we have created a list of some popular E-commerce store builders and shopping cart software providers.
3dcart offers the latest E-commerce web store solution that facilitates both small and large scale businesses. You can use almost everything that you need for online selling. If you are looking for an affordable feature-rich self-hosted online selling, 3dcart can be the ideal solution.
Some important features are-
- User-friendly platform.
- You can easily integrate the payment gateways.
- A huge number of features in each plan.
- All plans are affordable.
We have already discussed the features and other aspects of Shopify in the above-mentioned section of Shopify.
We have already discussed the features and other aspects of Wix in the above-mentioned section of Wix.
Woo-Commerce offers a free plugin for WordPress sites. All of its plugins are open-sourced. Moreover, you can use it to create an attractive E-commerce store. However, if you need more advanced features, there are plenty of add-ons which you need to buy.
Some features and benefits are-
- Woo-Commerce can easily integrate with WordPress sites.
- As it runs on WordPress servers, so it does not have powerful server requirements.
- You will get a lot of affordable plugins and themes.
- You can easily access a huge WordPress support community.
Os-Commerce is one of the most popular E-commerce platform providers. It runs a very active forum. However, some users find that updates to the platform have not kept up with the times.
Some features and benefits are-
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Easy installation.
- A large number of essential add-ons and plugins.
Drupal is the second most-used open source website content management system after WordPress. Its seamless integration with Drupal makes creating a blog or forum much more convenient than most other eCommerce content management systems.
Some features and benefits are-
- Seamless integration with the Drupal CMS framework. It gives it an edge over other platforms when it comes to blog integration and content marketing.
- SEO-friendly features are available.
Opencart is another open-source CMS for E-commerce. It has one of the easiest to use backends. However, its support systems are not as comprehensive as compared to the other platforms.
Some features and benefits are-
- A large number of features.
- As an admin, you can edit CSS codes.
We have already discussed the features and other aspects of BigCommerce in the above-mentioned section of BigCommerce.
Zepo is a Mumbai-based provider that offers more than 1200 types of E-commerce stores.
Some features and benefits are-
- Its E-commerce features can successfully target any local market and local audience.
- An easy interface helps beginners.
- Hosted by Rackspace servers – so you can expect a better speed as compared to most platforms.
Kartrocket is a Delhi-based provider that offers more than 1900 types of E-commerce stores.
Some features and benefits are-
- A huge number of storefront templates.
- Usability – Clean backend interface.
- It is suitable for targeting the local market and local audience.
We hope that after exploring this list of E-commerce service providers, you can choose the best provider based on your requirements.
Some important features and facts you need to consider for choosing the best E-commerce hosting
At first, find out whether your preferred E-commerce hosting service is capable to offer the following features or not.
- Your E-commerce hosting platform must be capable to grow quickly. Thus, it should be capable to handle a huge volume of traffic.
- Your hosting platform must be user-friendly so that even an individual with no knowledge of technical aspects can handle it easily.
- Your hosting platform must be able to handle any traffic spike instantly.
- Your hosting platform must adapt to your business model.
Your preferred E-commerce hosting platform must offer the following technical features.
- Affordable pricing.
- Features to modify web design without coding.
- Easy customization options.
- Advanced payment processors.
- Latest merchant tools.
- Back-end features.
- Third-party integration.
- SEO tools and marketing tools.
- 24/7 customer support.
Keep in mind that VPS hosting and dedicated hosting are the best hosting options for an E-commerce website. Both of these hosting types can keep any E-commerce platform protected from all types of security threats.
Some Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs about E-commerce hosting
What type of Web Hosting do I need for my E-commerce site?
Ans- E-commerce experts will suggest that you should choose VPS hosting or Dedicated hosting. But, it is recommended to consult the customer support team of your preferred hosting provider before buying any hosting service.
Should a hosting provider offer a shopping cart?
Ans- If you choose a provider who offers a shopping cart, you can buy a complete E-commerce package. Their E-commerce packages will clearly mention what types of hosting services can offer the best results.
What is the importance of the control panel?
Ans- You need to control a lot of features when a hosting service is specifically offered to host your E-commerce store. Your provider must offer you an advanced control panel so that you can efficiently manage various essential features.
Will my account be backed up?
Ans- Choose such a hosting provider who can offer automatic backup and restore features. In your E-commerce store, the important details of customers are stored. So, if your website goes down, with a data backup facility, you can restore those details.
Should I check the features and benefits offered by hosting servers?
Ans- Yes, you must. Rack servers and cloud servers are appropriate to manage flexible E-commerce platforms.
Is An SSL For A Domain Name Also Valid For Its Sub-Domains?
Ans- No, unless you get a wildcard certificate, the SSL certificate is only valid for the exact domain or sub-domain that you registered it for. If you require an SSL for a sub-domain, keep in mind that the sub-domain has to be on a dedicated IP address.