Hosting services ensure the online visibility of websites. WordPress hosting offers a lot of features and benefits and this hosting is the most popular among all other hosting types. But, it is a known fact that web visitors expect speed and reliability from a website. If your website and its pages can’t load fast, web visitors may lose their interest to visit your website. Hence, you will lose opportunities to increase the number of potential customers and your conversion rate will never increase. Thus, as a WordPress site owner, you need to choose such a hosting provider who can offer very fast hosting services.
To check the load speed of WordPress hosting, some IT organizations use testing tools like WebPageTest, Pingdom and Load Impact.
You need to consider two factors before checking the speed of a WordPress hosting. These are-
- Load Time– This is the time from when the user started navigating to the page until the Document Complete event (usually when all of the page content has loaded).
- Time to reach the first byte– This is the time taken by the first-bit from the server to arrive. You will understand how responsive your server is.
Considering these above-mentioned factors, we have created a list of such providers who can offer the fastest WordPress hosting in 2019.
Kinsta is a popular cloud-based WordPress host that uses the Google Cloud Platform to help you host your WordPress site.
In addition to offering stellar performance, Kinsta also has one of the best-looking hosting dashboards out there, as well as lots of convenient features like:
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Automatic daily backups
- The load time is 2.11 seconds.
- Time to first byte- 0.287 seconds.
- Easy staging sites
- Free SSL certificate and one-click install
You also get some nice value-adds, like the addition of a CDN and premium DNS services at no extra cost.
SiteGround is a popular WordPress host that manages to combine pretty fast page load times, some managed WordPress features, and great support into one surprisingly low-priced package.
If you’re on a budget and want the best bang for your buck, SiteGround is probably the best choice for you on this list. It’s not the faster WordPress hosting than that of Kinsta, but for the price, you won’t do much better.
Some features and benefits are- :
- The latest technologies, including PHP 7.1+
- Automatic WordPress updates
- The load time is 2.38 seconds.
- Time to first byte- 0.342 seconds.
- Staging sites (on the highest tier)
- Great support.
WP Engine is one of the most popular managed WordPress hosts out there. Some features and benefits are-
- Staging sites.
- Automatic updates.
- 2.22 seconds of load speed.
- Time to first byte- 0.138 seconds.
- Integrated CDN.
One neat thing is that WP Engine recently acquired the Genesis Framework and all of StudioPress’ Genesis child themes. These themes are now included at no extra cost as part of every WP Engine plan.
DreamHost is one of the oldest hosting service providers and it was founded in 1996. The Managed WordPress Hosting of this provider is the most popular in the market.
Some essential features and benefits are-
- 2.34 seconds of load time.
- Time to first byte- 0.397 seconds.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Built-in Caching & backups with 1-click restore.
- Unmetered bandwidth.
- Free domains.
On higher-tier plans, you’ll also get a built-in CDN, as well as access to the normally-paid Jetpack Professional plan at no extra cost.
InMotioin Hosting offers affordable hosting services. It has recently started to offer Managed WordPress Hosting with a lot of affordable plans.
The features and benefits of its WordPress Hosting plans are-
- 2.91 seconds of load speed.
- Time to first byte- 0.811 seconds.
- Automatic WordPress updates.
- Free SSL certificates.
- Free CDN.
- Free automatic backups.
On the higher tier plans, you can also get access to the premium tiers of Jetpack at no extra cost.
The Flywheel is a popular managed WordPress host that used to target itself mainly towards creatives, freelancers, and agencies. However, in recent times, they’ve moved towards a more mainstream audience, and anyone can benefit from Flywheel’s hosting services.
Flywheel uses Google Cloud Platform infrastructure to power its plans. Some other features and benefits are-
- Staging sites
- 2.13 seconds of load time.
- Time to first byte-0.151 seconds.
- Automatic backups
- Free SSL certificate
- Built-in CDN (extra charge on lower-tier plans)
- 24/7 support.
- Can a fast WordPress hosting help in SEO?
Ans- Yes. A fast WordPress site and hosting features will attract a huge volume of web traffic.
- Apart from utilizing a fast WordPress hosting service, how can I speed up my WordPress website?
Ans- You can easily initiate some activities to speed up your WordPress site. Some of them are-
- Enable WordPress caching
- Upgrade your PHP
- Invest in better hosting
- Choose a quality theme
- Cleanup your plugins
- Optimize images
- Clean up your database
- Use a CDN
- What is a CDN?
- What is WordPress Caching?
Ans- WordPress caching dynamically saves and serves an HTML version of your website for your visitors. This puts less of a strain on your server resources, limits database lookups and can greatly speed up the time it takes for your pages to render.
- Will the load speed of my WordPress site slow down If I install too many plugins?
Ans- In this regard, you have to consider some important factors-
- Design of your website and your website builder.
- Large plugins with a lot of features can slow down your website’s load speed.
- Some plugins offering duplicate features can slow down your website.
- Plugins of poor quality or plugins having poor security features can slow down your website too.